4/28/13

Painting Music



I'm not sure why I can listen to Rufus Wainwright over and over.....for years now. 
 I have been  painting consistently ( as in just about daily)  for 3 months now and Rufus is my back ground music, every time.
You have to listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkPDp1t10PQ   
That song is amazing!

I love this write up about Rufus : Like most things worthwhile, Rufus Wainwright’s music takes time to accept as genius. There’s an antiquity in his songs that perhaps shouldn’t be tampered with by modern times. Does that drum machine backbeat really have to be there? Does this beautiful throwback pop song really have to have a verse dedicated to Britney Spears and electro-clash? Yes. Yes, it sure does. Wainwright shuns your drama queen cringe-o-meter. He’s in the business of writing real songs and telling it like it is, but telling it with a swirling orchestra, costume changes and an elaborate set behind him.
I am happy to struggle away with my paintings while I listen to his genius.  It was a lucky day when I found his CD in the library...they must have given copies to all the Canadian libraries..I had never heard of him...just this random CD in the library.
Rufus and libraries....these are a few of my favourite things.
And my new shoes...





No comments: