4/26/13

What's Going On


I started to get back into painting in February which was kick started by the online painting course I took called Bloom True.  Google it for more details.  What I really want to share is that it got me thinking, after struggling with these painting for 3 months...that what really interests me ...in this moment... is getting across what I am feeling...I mean how do you express ambivalence or urgency in a painting?  I love pretty paintings, paintings that express pure beauty...and I will want to paint those...but since I am writing about whats going on....what's going on is that I think I am digging deeper...somehow I have the strength to turn over more stones.  I am not sure were these paintings will go...as they kinda started out as pretty paintings...and I couldn't complete them...because I wanted them to say more.
Soma our dear cat went out one night ( well I actually put him out... I think he was kind of undecided)  and he never came back.  Usually he would always be back at the door and hour or two later...but not that night.  And he never appeared the next day or the next.  So sad... all the sweetness he brought to our lives.  So I put him in all these paintings.  He was sweetness....maybe these paintings express that.



Here are some gems I came across this morning as I read Julia Cameron's 'Sound of Paper' and Steven Pressfields "Turning Pro'....by the way,  I think I have read Julia's book at least once a year for the past 10 years... I deeply love it.

It takes effort to be clear about things...its easier to be muddy.
The act of paying attention is what brings us peace.
Where I am and what I think about, that becomes something worth bothering about.
-----Julia Cameron-----

The force that can save the amateur is awareness...self awareness.  To act on self awareness one makes herself vulnerable to rejection and expulsion.
-----Steven Pressfield----
I think I have more to say about rejection and expulsion tomorrow... cause I sure have been there!

No comments: