4/25/13

What's Up



Hopefully this will the the first of alot of 'what's up'.
There is alot up in the garden.  The first year here I was busy just creating the beds, because it was mostly lawn. Now alot of the plants are coming back, reseeding and the garden if filling out. I am learning what goes best here....so much shade...mostly green's as far as vegetables go.  I hope to have more flowers this year...stay posted.



Besides the garden and all its beauty that I like to hang out with....I have been thinking...pondering...really wondering about how to did deeper into myself and how that can be expressed in a painting.  I never got taught that in art school.  So I am having to teach myself.  I was thinking about the writer Natalie Goldberg and wondered if perhaps the exercises she gives for been an authentic writer could transfer to being an authentic artist/painter.  So I am doing an experiment... reading her book on memoir writing and do the writing exercises and seeing if what I come up with in writing will then transfer to imagery.  Today I did quite a few of her 10 minute writing exercises.  Here's what I uncovered...one of the best meals I can remember eating was a baked eggplant dish at the Naam Restaurant in Vancouver.  This was right around the time I believe my son Jude was conceived and as I was thinking about that yummy baked eggplant I remembered how I had intense eggplant cravings when i was pregnant with Jude....could it have began with that most delicious bake eggplant?




Last year this did not exist ...and this year there is so much that is springing up all on its own!

The back garden experiment... I let everything go to seed last year and am just letting it be....lets see what it wants to do all on its own.


No comments: